Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Home-Made Pepperoni Pizza

Click on Pix to Enlarge

One of our favorite easy meals is home-made Pepperoni Pizza. We prefer using Middle Eastern pockets or Pita Bread as a base; but, if you like thin crusts, you may want to try flour tortillas. I like both.

Tomato sauces are a matter of taste. I usually spread about three tablespoons of sauce around each pita or tortilla. We like store bought sauces of many varieties. Some sauces may be sweeter, others may offer fewer varieties of additional ingredients. This is Classico caramelized onion and roasted garlic.

stage one

This pizza was for me (left) and Pam (right). She doesn't care for mushrooms! I start with mushrooms and add spinach. I fix Pam's with spinach on the bottom.

stage two

Pam likes her pepperoni on top; I like mine under the cheese. She likes shredded Italian cheese. I like both Italian and Mozarella, sometimes on the same pizza.

stage three

Ready for the oven: Sometimes I add diced red pepper, onions, jalepenos, or more fresh tomato; Not this time. 

With pita bread as a base I fire the oven to 400 degrees F and set the timer for 10 minutes. Tortillas crisp up a bit faster so I watch them around 7 or 8 minutes. Obviously, some ovens are hotter or cooler at 400 degrees.


Here's Pam's pepperoni pizza cooling, waiting to be cut. The pizza cutter was presented to me (quite a few years ago) by Mama Tottino during her PR announcement that she sold her brand of pizza to General Mills. 



Here's my pizza cooling. Obviously, both Pam and her pizza are better looking.
But they taste pretty much the same to me (except mine seems cheesier!)

fin

No comments: