Monday, June 28, 2010

Corps du Tomate

Ah, the lovely tomato! It has been roasted. It has been used in last night's dinner. But tonight, the Roasted Lovelies got the additional treatment my taste buds yearned for.

Tonight we had another angel hair pasta, ground chuck, and Corps du Tomate! What to do??


Roasted tomatoes and wooden spoon. Cover pot and bring tomatoes to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Check refrigerator for additional vegetables.



Voila! We have another tomato and a section of yellow pepper. Lucky Ger!


And don't they look handsome in the pot? Add a few more cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Stir. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes minimum. Oh, lordy me!

Next (no photos ~ use imagination) I cooked three quarters of a pound of ground chuck doused lightly with Teriyaki marinade. Spooned out fat, poured half the Corps du Tomate into the pan, stirred contents, then added remainder of last night's angel hair pasta.

I had to lock the front door. There was not enough for the whole neighborhood! Did I say it was delicious? Add a few sauteed mushrooms from the frig to my portion (hehehe - Pam doesn't like to look at them) and I become a very noisy eater!!! Pam was none too quiet eating either; I love to hear her moaning.

I sincerely hope you will try this Corps du Tomate some time. 

~ ~ ~


No comments: